Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Trying to Keep my Mouth Shut and Head on Straight

Lincoln is going to have The Link. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have some Snob Rules about what makes a real AR. It's not an AR. It does sound like fun.

It also sounds more like the Bike Shop Scavenger Hunt we had talked about doing for Halloween. (which remains a great idea.)

Here's another item that shows my head isn't on straight. I woke up and rode for a couple of hours when it was ~20 degrees. Then, it warms up to 60 degrees and all I do is commute home the eight miles from work.

Talk about poor planning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diddo. Trainer ride at my shop tonight so I BOBed the trainer to work, rode that stupid thing for an hour and a half, then reBOBed it home. I might have to refer to the trainer as the brainer, as in no-brainer.

PaddyH said...

there's an urban AR up here in WPG too in the spring...it's pretty dumbed down but it get tonnes of participants

Tony T said...

ohhh, STAIR CLIMBING!!! I've done those, they're really tough.

Urban navigating? "Hmmm, we're at 16th and K and the map says we need to get to 84th and O. Crap, how do we get there?"

I can already see the "Mystery Events" being something out of Survivor or Amazing Race. "With one partner blindfolded and the other gagged, you both have to run the length of the Holmes Lake levee WITHOUT dropping an egg off a spoon."

-TT, entertaining the masses for 32 years.