Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tattoos in Modern Cycling: Part II

Ira Ryan. Some of you have heard me tell bits of his story before, but I think it's cool enough that it's coming at you via the Snob.

The first frame Ira made, he took to TransIowa last year and won on it. He has a sweet tat and a nicely done website as well. Did I mentioned he apprenticed under Sacha White at Vanilla? Plus, he's got midwest roots and first learned to ride in Indiana, which is where I grew up. (Of course, I moved West and then moved back. What's wrong with me?)

The above and more information above can be found on BikePortland. You can also read a funny blurb with some pics on L'Equipe Veloshop. And, thanks to Guitar-Ted for the original heads up.

I've got an email into Ira regarding deposits and turnaround time. I will let you know what's up.

This post has been brought to you by The Minutemen "Double Nickels on the Dime."

3 comments:

-kw said...

Yes.
And I say this with no doubt in my mind, whatswoever:
THE BEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME.

Guitar Ted said...

ooo! A Ryan frameset, eh? I wonder if he'd consider doing a 29"er? Probably not possible with lugs, but fillet brazed? Hmmm.....possibilities!

Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. If you are looking for temporary tattoos related stuff, I'm sure you'd be interested in temporary tattoos Come check it out if you have time.