Thursday, January 26, 2006

2006 - The Year No Schedule is Safe

First things first. Happy Birthday Sam!!!

24 Hours of Landahl in KC. Thought about doing a 24? Now there are no excuses.

Unfortunately, it does conflict with One of the Three Marathon races now on the local schedule:

--May 13-- Battle Royale Marathon @ Platte River State Park, South Bend, NE
--June 10—Ponca’s Revenge Marathon @ Ponca State Park, Ponca NE
--September 16 & 17—Rave in the Cave Marathon MTB Weekend @ Indian Cave SP, Shubert, NE

You can see the rest of the Psycowpath Series information on NebraskaCycling.org.

Map work tonight on the Epic.

Note: I have also just added a post regarding the Spirit of the Epic to the race blog. (12:49pm)

"This one goes to 11."

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, crap. I forgot about my own brother's birthday. But for the RECORD... I was remembering three days ago. :)

Guess I'd better go shopping.

cvo said...

happy birthday sam, thanks for the heads up skip on the 24 hour race,

I'll be going to that no matter what.

Cornbread said...

Sam is ghey.

John Lefler, Jr. said...

Amazing. There is bunch of back and forth on the local blogs about how important "Enduro racing" is and we need to add races and yada, yada, yada...and people will go to a 24-hour race rather than a home-state enduro. What gives!?!

cvo said...

those big races have a draw man,
Ya can't give a guy a hard time cuz he wants to travel to a big race he wants to do, a big race that's actually purdy close...

the local b.o. 12 hour always has to compete with people headed to super bike week up north. Snake alley and what not.

it just ends up being a bad conflict that nobody knew about till now.

Me, I'm going to Landahl, but I'm sure I'll be at all the other races. barrin any cvo style injuries....

Endurosnob said...

John since you posted that on my blog, I will assume your comments are directed at me. Here's my two cents regarding "what gives."

A 4 hour race is not a 24 hour race. They are apples and oranges. If someone was skipping a local 24 or even 12hr to go further away, I would be with you.

During the "back and forth" I plainly pointed out possible date conflicts in an effort to avoid just this issue. If I recall correctly, the response to that was that this is simply a part of promoting events. Granny Gear set the date and now people are forced to make a choice.

I appreciate that there is a level of frustration for you over the schedule and I want your events to do well, but let's not brand racers as bad guys for making a choice over a scheduling conflict that isn't their doing and isn't an equal comparison.

As a racer, I did zero psycowpath races last year. This year, I have renewed interest in both the XC and Enduro events, but I am not skipping TransIowa to do the XC and I will go to KC as well.

In the end, you will see me at far more races and that is successful promotion.

cvo said...

dude, what if I won the 24 of Landahl. man, wouldn't that be sweet.

hey, it could happen.


quit laughin, jezz, I can hear you guys all the way over here.

knock it off.

cvo said...

I shouldn't say I,

what if the team won the 24 of Landahl?

If Butch is able to talk Zach into it.

we'll either win, or we'll have so much fun it won't matter.

rockd said...

anyone want to bet that their team will do more laps than mine?

cvo said...

I think the safe bet is on Rock.

my team has to deal with uh, well my slow ass.

so far it's myself, Drew, and Butchy, we're trying to get ahold of Big Z-Dogg for #4.

a good strong fun team I think.