Here are a few of the things I found under the cobwebs:
I'd really like to put on an "Endurosnob Epic." Would there be a draw? Good question. I think that the act of putting it on would be fun. Tenative thought of starting in Valentine, NE, riding through the Chadron area and back. The jury will continue to dilberate, but I am open to any thoughts folks have.
There seems to be a certain attitude among the people you see out on the paths early in the morning. A bit friendlier. More Core? Perhaps. I've gotten more truly nice hellos in the mornings than at any other time. (Except Bonsall (sp?) who looked at me like I was a serial killer when I waved to him on Wednesday.)
I also started thinking of other races aside from TI. Now the problems is scheduling conflicts.
Cedar Valley is a week before 9 Mile.
Afton looks to be a week before 7 Oaks.
12hrs of Dino appears to be a week before the Soul Ride.
Some of the dates I am using are from 05, but things don't usually seem to change too much so...
7 comments:
If you put on an epic ride/race, I say do it in the later part of the fall months.
The scheduling of your races is the same issue for me. The Cedar Vally 12 hour is less than a mile from my house, but I want to perform well for Nationals. Same with 7 Oaks...good course and good people, but 24 Afton f'n rocks!
I will mostly likely do a team either 6 or 12 hr for the Cedar Valley race as a tune up for Nationals.
Or....
You could do 24 Afton and then do 24 7 Oaks. That would earn tough guy points!!!
Putting on your own event is a good time. you can do what you want because you can! you coming to ssaz06?
do a race, Canadians will come
Unfortunately, the troops did not rally, so no SSAZ06 for me. I am pretty serious about making it down there for something though. Freakin' gas prices really hurt.
well i guess i'll send you some photos of the event, so you can really kick yourself in the ass.
butch, we gots to talk you into driving for us at TI...!!!
Post a Comment