There's a lot on my mind, but this will be short because DAMN is it nice outside.
Rock and I have a route for the EPIC. The more I think about it, the more I love it. In some ways, it may be a nice bridge between something like TI and one of Mike Curiak's races. (I have never done the latter so some of that is based on description only.)
Route Teasers:
The Bad. We will need to start with a long bit of pavement. I wanted to avoid pavement at all costs, but there aren't a lot of options at certain points. One thing the pavement will do is force a few decisions, which I think is excellent.
The Good. The Course will encourage people to keep pushing themselves based on the way it's laid out. My hope is that it will help people dig deeper into what they can really do. This course will let you do that.
The Ugly (But it's Beautiful). There is a long stretch where racers will be truly on their own. No cell coverage. Your cue sheet, the Wilderness and you. Mom's not coming. However, if you have the heart to get through it, we reward you in Spades.
The more I work on this, the more excited I get. I just hope a few people show up.
Your Gonzo Race Director,
The Snob
Friday, January 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
sounds too painfull for lazy cvo.
good luck man. have fun, see ya soon
I likes whats I hears...
i like the sounds of that too. and i've never ridden up there so...
is the date set in stone?
Have a conflict, MW? Sorry I missed you guys today. The birthday girl won out.
nope. no conflict i know of.
today was soggy from the first wheel revolution. but nice in a not nice way.
i'm about to ring you for tomorrows plans...
Post a Comment