Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Single Speed Outburst

2006 SS Worlds in Stockholm.

Mental Jibberish to consider: Stockholm Syndrome and Single Speed both start with SS. Maybe that's why those who try the One Gear often don't return.

OneSpeeder.com is now added as a reference of choice. Gnomes, Napkin Art and Single Speeding. "Number One cause of Death? Birth." I like it.

During my predawn ride, I made the decision that everything will be done SS this year. Further conversation this morning cemented it. Is this affecting the bike selection for this year? You betcha.

"But what if they get rid of some of the single speed categories?" asks Mrs. Snob.
"Screw it."

4 comments:

rockd said...

I think it nice that: 1 Mrs. Snob knows what a single speed is. 2 Mrs. Snob cares to talk about bicycles with you and 3 Mrs Snob encourages your vision of grandeur.

One speed forever, or until the next really big hill!

Anonymous said...

The world could use more mutton-chopped, single speed endurance riders. Life is good.

Joe Partridge said...

I'm with you on the "no singlespeed class, no problem" thing. I noticed that many of my big races for the year might not have a singlespeed class. I decided that I didn't really care, and that I would be riding my SS anyway...

Johnny Stash said...

gettin rad west of the mississippi. yeah.