MTB: Insider info says that the course has been modified somewhat from last year to give the crossers a harder time. (But you didn't hear that from me!)
That said, last year I noticed that anyone with tires bigger than 1.8 had flats and the skinnier brethren didn't so much. Odd.....those rocks are menacing, makes you think it'd be the other way 'round.
If it's anything like TransIowa I'd rock cross. Not that I didn't enjoy riding my monocog but a cross bike might have been a bit faster given the conditions. Of course it's always a crap shoot. Run narrrrrow tires on the MTB if you go that way.
19 comments:
MTB: Insider info says that the course has been modified somewhat from last year to give the crossers a harder time. (But you didn't hear that from me!)
That said, last year I noticed that anyone with tires bigger than 1.8 had flats and the skinnier brethren didn't so much. Odd.....those rocks are menacing, makes you think it'd be the other way 'round.
word.
havin' done it last yr, I'd be goin' full-on Cx this yr...but if I where you, I'd cut that steerer tube down, prolly save ya like 3lbs!
If it's anything like TransIowa I'd rock cross. Not that I didn't enjoy riding my monocog but a cross bike might have been a bit faster given the conditions. Of course it's always a crap shoot. Run narrrrrow tires on the MTB if you go that way.
mtb with skinny's bring fatty's just in case...
just my .02
It's a mnt bike event....so ride the mnt bike.
Cross! You will be flying! Have a great race!
Put the cross tires on the MTB and let 'er rip!
CX for sure!
cross. but i don't know nuthin'
the 1 with > pink
The one that has been cleaned more recently and has lube on the chain. Do you want to borrow one of my bikes?
ya, so like I said, 'cross....
I'm rollin' cross bike, but then again, wtf do I know. Never done Kanza before.
You and your fuckin' questions...
Stick with Team Over-analysis and ride one of Sox's bikes that he is probably selling in a week or two.
Cross with some of these.
i'd go with a kawasaki klr 650. braaap!
Post a Comment