Thanks to Jeff Bonsall, Matt Gersib, Matt Wills, and Corey for a great weekend. I believe there were 19 finishers and Lincoln rolled 5 for 5. To paraphrase Butch, "We Like Bikes!!"
Big thanks as well to the Heartland Race Crew. The race was very, very well done. You could tell their heart was in it for all the right reasons. More tomorrow...
Dirty? Yep, Dirty.

MG's look reminds me of the three musketeers. This weekend, we rolled five.

Punch Drunk Cornbread.

8 comments:
congrats fellers
nice work man, way to throw down.
I second Mod's comments Skip. You and Cornbread rode awesome, and I learned a lot from both of you during the race.
The encouragement you gave me before and during our stop at mile 155 was critical to me deciding to finish it out instead of packing it in. After you and Cornbread took off on your last leg of the journey I realized that I'd gotten myself into exactly what I'd asked for. I didn't expect it to be easy, and here I was looking for the easy way out. In the end, I talked myself into at least riding to the gravel road a mile north of the highway crossing (which would take me right into Emporia via shortest route). And after a Full Throttle and a Rock Star back-to-back, I was gassed for givin 'er til the end, so I just kept on going.
The sunset was the most beautiful I've seen in a long, long time, and it seems like it lasted forever. The best part was that I was headed North during the sunset, going with the wind, at the perfect temperature... it was amazing.
Brings a tear to my eye just typing the story. There are so many things that made that ride worth it that I'll have a hard time recalling them all. But it doesn't matter. Some lessons are best learned and never spoken of.
MW and Bonsall rode awesome too... I didn't mean to exclude them. It's just that I ended up riding with (and getting ridden away from by) Cornbread and Skip, and their performances and guidance during the race were inspiring.
Did anyone mention that MW is such a stud that he did it on a fixie?!! I couldn't believe how hard he was going at times to get up some of the climbs. And the downhills weren't a piece of cake either!
Wow...
Thanks for riding with me Skip. I can't express how much it meant to me to have you ride with me all day.
I feel like a proud poppa seeing all the Lincoln crew finish. A lot of heart here in Lincoln.
Well put MG. There's a lot of memories floodin' back right about now. All of them good.
That pic brings back a painful memory. That half of beer went straight to my head. Ouch.
nice work, guys!
Way to go Lincoln crew!
Congratulations. I wanted to come down and see you and the Lincoln brigade finish, but just too sick. Sorry about that.
And I had a case of beer that went untouched.
Post a Comment