I fell into a veg-like state over the weekend but do believe I am walking a slow recovery back into the light. Little to no riding over the weekend doesn't mean there is a lack of events to attend, particularly if you are an endurance racer whose double-helix holds a kind of heathen chemistry for recovery.
This weekend. Cycleworks present 6hrs at Platte. Come ride, freak out, get beaten.
The following weekend. The Dirty Kanza offers the people their gravel.
And yet the weekend after that, 12hrs of Branched Oak. Lap racing at its jack hammer section finest.
Initially, I was going to do Platte then Branched Oak and spare myself the travel. Now I am working the Platte race, hitting Kanza and possibly doing a team thing for Branched Oak. Not so sure on the last one.
Still vascillating wildly. Part of me wants to stay close to home and Branched Oak was my lowest riding point of the year last year, as some of you may remember. It would be nice to have a redeemer. However, I've finished three races this year and done okay in a couple, which already tops 06. At this point, I'm already ahead of the game and what's really on my mind is the 24hrs of 9 Mile.
Pass the Martini. Equal parts espresso, kahlua and vodka. Chilled glass.
Monday, May 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dam, that martini sounds good and it's only 8a. Just pumped on the sunshine and little wind will do for me right now.
Woogie, woogie, wooogie!
I had a bunch of fun (no, really) at Kanza last year. If you can fit it in, I strongly recommend it.
Post a Comment