It's funny how the mind and body connect. Once Cross was out for me this year, I went from wanting to go out and try to get better everyday to having no interest in training hard. This last week has been about commuting to work, some exercise ball stuff while watching the World Series and that's about it. My get up and go has got up and went. Therefore, I will be playing the role of cheerleader this weekend at Platte. By the way, sweet Platte River Riot artwork to whomever designed it.2006 planning now begins in earnest. Time to get the winter Y membership and lose more weight.
As long as 06 doesn't turn out to be as foul as 05. The Snob is hoping it looks a little something like this:
New Weapon from the kids at IF: Ti Deluxe of the 29er variety. Paint scheme is a well-kept secret.
Trans-Iowa is a must. (Note promo on the right side.) Sam, Tyler and Rock are verbals. Whose gonna be the first Lincoln-ite to finish it?
Leadville appeals to me if I do the Leadman (which is all of their races including the 100 mile run) or on a Single Speed. Just doing it again to do it, not so much.
The Endurance 100 is new to the radar. There is an interesting thread on it here. Primarily single track you say? Please elaborate.
Another consideration is an AR this year. The only problem is how slim the selection is anywhere nearby when you feel like at least 24hrs and maps are a must.
Note on the pic. No, I did not let that guy borrow one of my bikes. Why do you ask?
11 comments:
That picture is great, I saw it on the VeloNews site. It caught that poor sap right at the "Oh Shit this is gonna hurt" moment.
And Skip, I have to hand it to you, nobody looks for more insane ways to torture themself than you.
We had one of those art types at the TREK design group whip it up with a bit of creative direction from the crew.
In addition to Trans-Iowa, I have half a dozen 24 hour events and about that many AR events (still looking for the one that the snob maybe interested in) and at least 2 tandem rallies and maybe ride the rockies. I'm also up for Trans Rockies in 2007. Also thinking about White Rim trail for fun sometime Feb or March.
Wa, skip your not racing this weekend,
bummer
I was looking forward to cheering you on at the yuntoo corner saturday, maybe i'll see ya in the tree's
Any race in the Park City, UT would be primo. I did the NORBA NCS there about 6 years ago. Any just about every mile of trail leaving town in singletrack.
Some info to keep stuck in your mellon about Park City: There is over 300 miles of singletrack!!!
Your get up and go? Whatever. You could at least get a cast on your vagina, and say it doesn't integrate with your seat. Riding is riding, and this is going to be one of, if not the best days of riding/racing in Nebraska. If you weren't into racing I could understand, but I know you are a wee bit competitive. RANT! Whew, had to get that off my chest. I would be glad to replace the spoke(s) on your Giant, if it would make you line up Saturday. Please?
Your peeps have spoken, Skip. They want you to race. You know I'd race if I could.
Go out and win one for the Gipper.
Clean the sand out of your vagina I know it burns EnduroSnob. Sam has spoken he will replace your little spoke.
COLD BLOOOOOOODED!
Sand in the vagina?? That's how they make pearls!!
So you're gonna win the singlespeed race? Pearl boy.
Post a Comment