Sunday, October 09, 2005

Confederacy of a Single Dunce

How's this for train wreck preparation for the duathlon this weekend? First, instead of prepping for a Sunday race, I thought the race was on Saturday and believe that until about 10:15 Friday night, we Jeff gave me a call to tell me I had it wrong.

So, Saturday I took the Giant out for a spin in Wilderness to keep the legs fresh, but managed in the process to break yet another spoke on the rear wheel I have been nursing along with since July. Note to self. If you are going to be a cheap ass and not buy new equipment when you need it, you better be prepared to suffer when it fails. Of course, I discovered this little problem at roughly 8pm so while I did make a couple of calls to try to resolve things, it was pretty useless.

I then decided to make lemonade by riding the Fascist Killer out to Platte and simply helping out, but sleep right through my alarm. Overall, just a genius weekend. I did discover that Jeff had, essentially, saved the day for me by leaving a note on my car saying that he had brought a wheel for me and that once I got to Platte, we would make it work. Of course, the family needed our one car so that was out as well. Thanks though, Jeff. It means a lot that you tried like that.

On the good side of life, I did have a great ride through Wilderness and around the gravel roads down South. It was certainly a Mind Clearer, which is Snob vocularly for a ride that helps you work all of the build up crap out of your head.

Here's to well made plans and not knowing how to execute them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bikes suck.

Endurosnob said...

Yes, thank you, Mr. Obvious.

Actually, the Fascist Killer rocks.

Otherwise, I think you are on to something.

Cornbread said...

Sam you are brutal.

Endurosnob said...

He's brutal, yet always makes me laugh. Maybe I am the sick bastard?