Thursday, September 29, 2005

Walk Idiot Walk


When I woke up this morning, the chill in the air made me immediately think of Cross. How sad is that? The above pic is from the Indy Cyclo-Cross Series in my former home state. It appears they are doing some sort of LeMans style start, which prompted me to think, "WTF?"

Speaking of Cross, things are already under way in Europe and Jonathan Page, our National Champ three years running, has already raced twice. It sounds like if he could keep from flatting he'd be right in the mix with the top dawgs.

I went for a run last night on the Rock Island, both for the duathlon and cross purposes. It's amazing how many people are out there with no lights well after dark. I wasn't happy and my legs weren't happy. I felt fine aerobically, but was stumbling around like a drunken sailor. It was like my muscles had forgotten how to run.

If you are wondering about the Post Title, that's just the song I was listening to when I wrote this. It's an easy one, but points awarded for correct identification.

No comments: