As a guy who came to cycling late, I've often gotten the "well, it's a little late now" vibe from people both in and out of the two wheeled fraternity. Obviously, I didn't care and kept riding. Then, Johnny helped me put together my first single speed; a bike with "This Machine Kills Fascists" written in white out across the top tube. It was done. I knew within a few rides this "fit" and was how I wanted to ride.
Fast forward to this year and things have gone pretty well. I have some good efforts under me this season but was disappointed that 9 Mile went as poorly as it did. Unable to really ride a lot lately and trying to workout why things went the way the did, I've been a bit unmotivated and a bit surly. (More than usual, smartasses.)
Firing up the Evil Unicorns helped turn that around, running laps that weren't completely sad on Saturday helped as well, but the Top Four from Cheq sealed the deal. Marko and Jesse would be obvious to anyone who reads the blog. Steve Tilford may not be. How long has this guy been at the front of every race he enters? Not long enough, that's my thought. He's got several years on me so I might as well keep rolling.
And Brian Matter? He's rocking the hardcore mullet. What else could you need?

6 comments:
hear hear. I too arrived late and am plannin' on stayin' late. I mean, what else is there to do? Buy a rockin' chair? :D
better late then never
It does not matter when you arrive, just as long as your the last to leave.
That's awesome. Those fellas are fast.
Snob: Stick around...it gets better and better. I left and came back again, probably far more stupid than starting late!
what guitar ted said.
Post a Comment