Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Cold-Cocked

Despite fending it off for most of the Labor Day weekend, the cold which has crept up on me since Saturday seems to have finally taken hold today. Ah, the fun of a runny nose.
*
Congrats are in order to Squirrel and MG for their respective wins in Iowa. Nice work, fellas.
*
The Dakota 50 seemed to have been a scene. Documentation abounds.
*
Over the weekend and just prior to a ride, I found via SiteMeter that someone had reached the blog by searching under the phrase "Evil Unicorns." Somehow, I turned the phrase over in my head until I had concluded that "throwing an Evil Unicorn" was a great euphemism for giving someone the finger, "you know, giving them the bird." One horn. One finger. What's not to love?
As I rode to work today, it occured to me that this will probably end up like my "discovery" of Pangea in fifth grade. After who knows how long of not paying attention to the actual point of class, I was ecstatic when I looked at a world map and could visualize how all of the continents could actually fit together like a puzzle. Of course, Mr. Rhodes blew my visions of grandeur with a dismissive, "It's called Pangea, Skip. Now go sit down." Damn Joy Kill.
*
Thera-Flu Time!!!

5 comments:

Mark Savery said...

3 more weeks and it's all about throwing an evil unicorn

PaddyH said...

sick here too...fuckin long weekends....60+1 should purge it I rekon....

FixieDave said...

I like it! EU!

Bitchin!

Cornbread said...

Hope you feel better.

Ponca ride this weekend? You should join us for a while.

Anonymous said...

2nd Grade Pangea:

Looking at the globe and putting the puzzle together. I told of my discovery to my buddy Tyrol, but in disbelief he had to get a second from Mrs. Burke. Confirmation!

King of the playground once again.