With TransIowa the next major race on the agenda, I have spent a bit of time ruminating on gear selection. Not just of the 38x16 type, but of the what should I carry and what's wasted weight variety. The plan will be along the lines of "go light and freeze at night." I'm also going to try may hand at my first XC race in a couple of years this weekend. Tranquility doesn't sound like the greatest single track in the world, but why not race, I'd be riding anyway.
"small conversation in the afternoon with John Fante
he said, "I was working in Hollywood when Faulkner wasworking in Hollywood and he was
the worst: he was too drunk to stand up at the
end of the afternoon and so I had to help him
into a taxiday after day after day.
"but when he left Hollywood, I stayed on, and while Ididn't drink like that maybe I should have, I might havehad the guts then to follow him and get the hell out of there."
I told him, "you write as well asFaulkner.:
"you mean that?" he asked from the hospitalbed, smiling. "
6 comments:
You gonna run a 38 X 16 on a 29"er at T.I.? Whoa! That's a "He Man Woman Hater" gear dude!
that was just an example, I am not sure what I am running yet.
Besides, I love women.
you'll enjoy tranq. two thirds of the course is really fun, the other third is just open grassy hills. people give it a bad rap.
the bright side, there could be 15-20 peeps racing ss...yes!
light on the gear and big on the gear
and besides what Gted says,
chicks dig it.
I remember what Paddy carried with him at Dirty Kanza: Three water bottles and a positive attitude! I guess for TI you might want to add a vest and a pair of warm gloves. Tastey food from the gas stations and water from friendly Iowan's sprinklers.
Go light or go home! ;)
Post a Comment