Mrs. Snob and I attended a David Sedaris reading tonight. I am not one for readings. Whether from too many creative writing courses or an inverted elitism, I have rarely enjoyed listening over reading it myself. David Sedaris did more than read. He entertained and a portion of that entertainment was his written word. A larger portion was his personality, which of course comes through in his art as well.
He also recommended Max Brooks and his books on Zombies. Might be a good read, because, as David Sedaris pointed out, there's a lot of "zombie bullshit" out in the media right now.
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I never had to attend many readings and didn't realize that was what he was going to do, but we enjoyed every minute of it, although I am still explining the trailer scene to Debe!
CVO owns the How to survive a zombie attack book from Max Brooks. I read most of it. Quite entertaining.
Go for the head.
david sedaris is the best, I have read them all except for one that i am in the middle of now. the best part of going to a reading is how very hilarious it is once your internal voice can be his.
Post a Comment