Friday, September 01, 2006

Everybody's Asshole: Take Two

I'm not sure what to think about all of this. I thought I had expressed my side without being one of "those guys." But, apparently, I'm That Guy.

Check it out: MTBR Thread.

11 comments:

Mark Savery said...

What a fucking mess!

I love the innerweb

sda said...

yup,

out of all of those who wrote anything on that first post, you were the most diplomatic. i truly thought you did a comendable job of not being "one of those guys."

people must be super bored at work on the eve of a long weekend .... gawd.

Cornbread said...

There's nothing like a virtual kick in the nuts.

PaddyH said...

been there a time or five myself....makes me wanna throw my compy off a cliff...and the posters who read between the lines....

Joe Partridge said...

Don't sweat it. You did fine, and you have more than a leg to stand on. People may disagree, and that is the beauty of living in a Free Country(tm).

I am very interested in how things work out with Niner. Keep us posted, even if you decide not to share it with the rest of the world.

Joe

Joe Partridge said...

I'd be happy to put my most recent blog post on MTBR, if you think it would be helpful. Just let me know.

Joe

Endurosnob said...

It's funny. I think I have said several times on here I am more than happy to admit I am wrong. Just prove it to me. One of the reasons I posted the story in the play by play way that I did was to invite the "usual suspects" to tell me what they think.

Had, for example, G-Ted, Joe and Paddy, commented and said, "Skip your missing it on this one." I would have given that serious thought because I respect you guys. Like SDA, he and I aren't on the same page, but his comments are like a reasonable discourse, not what's going on via MTBR.

Joe, I appreciate the hell out of your post, but there's no reason to throw it up on MTBR. A Founder's Ale would taste good right about now though.

PaddyH said...

wish I could'a posted before it closed...post #48 had me looking for my brass-knuckles...

Anonymous said...

I think that when you buy a product there are promises made by both parties. In your case you promised to pay the asked price and in their case they were to supply a properly constructed frame.
Since you paid for it your end is done and now hopefully 9er will make right there end.
They do sound like they are willing to help (after being talked about publically) but an extra $200 to fix a frame that had standard tires in it is bunk.
I also don't care at all about this time limit thing people have. I mean really if you had bought the bike and been like me and ran cross tires on it for months then finally changed to fatties would that fuck the warrenty up?
As far as the haters go on mtbr, well lets just say that it's always differnt when it's someone elses cash.
Keep on raging my friend I know I would.
Dallas " ready for the death march " sigurdur

MG said...

yeah, i apologize about that skip. the post has been removed, thankfully.

i wasn't trying to crucify you -- if i'd have known everyone out there was a bunch of "gospel of niner bikes" lemmings, i wouldn't have bothered.

i think you have a legit case, and i believe niner bikes is not living up to their end of the deal.

jeezus... if i'd have only known.

sorry again dude. you can beat the shit outta me tomorrow if we end up riding together. i probably deserve it...

MG said...

did i mention how sorry i am that i put that up there?

i think i may have cured myself of mtbr.com... for every cool person on that board there are a dozen a$$holes.