At the end of August, I went back to the three-a-day ride schedule. Before work, quick lunch burst and post work. (Cross prep and Death Sentence for EnduroChub). Now, I am sitting here with a case of the Jimmie Legs. Things just aren't functioning quite like they should. Close but not quite. Zig when I want to zag. 'Y' functioning as a vowel.
Example. I was working on the Cross dismount skills the other day and tried to pull of the dismount where you bring your swing leg between your frame and off leg so you can literally hit the ground running. Well, I hit the ground alright. Rodeo Clown style. I did roll up to my feet and raised my arms in mock gymnastic fashion, but the scores were low, even if the Russian judge screwed me over.
In other news, I am now accessible 24/7. The corporate juggernaut has issued me a blackberry. I got it Friday and kept it boxed through the weekend, but had it at least sync it up as week began. Well, today I took it out on my lunch ride and, in the middle of gravel road nowhere Nebraska, found that my email was updating and that I could ride and work if I wanted to do so. Geeky cool. Corporate scary.
I was hoping that the evolution of our company would go from Minor Threat to Fugazi to, at least, Green Day. Now I am wondering if we aren't just Sting.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I tried those dismounts once...once.
My ankles don't swing like that. Tripped myself so fucking hard my knees hurt like a $5 dollar whore.
beware the crackberry.
fuckin' Sting, ruined a good thing...Naom's and I just cracked and got a cellphone...w/ al the wizardry crap...I never thought we'd crack...time to buy low and sell high, I guess
my wife got a blackberry as well through work at her last post,
and she was way addicted to it...
then when she moved to a new possition she had to give it back,
I've never witnessed such withdrawl...
good luck.
here you go this is exactly what you need now.
go here
Wait a minute...are you talking the Regatta de Blanc Sting or the Brand New Day Sting?
Post a Comment