Monday, April 10, 2006

Michigan's North Country Trail

Nearly every year, my family and I take a week's vacation in Onekema, MI. It's a very small town along the central Lake Shore just North of Manistee. One of the great things about the vacation is that it's near a trail head for the North Country Trail. So, every year, I slip away for a few hours most days and rock out some single track.

A little research shows that the North Country Trail runs the length of the state. I know some of it isn't open to bikes, but do we have a sleeping Giant of Endurance Events? Is there some sort of record for running the length of the trail? Pipe dreams all? Maybe, but I will most likely be back in Michigan in early July with nothing better to do than explore.

Give a guy a shot if you've got the goods.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have you looked into the trans canada trail. keep the dream alive