Sunday, October 22, 2006

CX Day Two: Gut Shot

We have a race!!!


I love my bike. The engine needs a lot of work.


Tony Givin' It with Power.


Day Two. New faces turn out and we had a full blown tacitcal race on our hands. Sir Wilhelm running it SS and a cat he races with on the Trek Midwest team charging it with gears (sorry his name escapes me even though MOD told me several times.) This cat rocked a crazy bridge early to pull Tony back, then recovered for a few laps as Tony pulled him around. Then things got fun. The course had a long slightly uphill section that appeared as if it would be Tony's undoing, as the gears allowed the fresh face on the scene to either sit and recover or pull away as needed. With a couple to go, Tony was actually on wheel and losing ground on the flats and the one long climb on the course. WE NEED MORE COWBELL. Somehow however, on the last lap, just after said climb, Tony popped out of the woods with the lead and held it for the win.

As for me, I got my ass handed to me yet again. My fitness blows and I've got pictures to prove it. (Speaking of Pics, MOD's got the goods.) We've got a month until the Lincoln weekend, so I'll focus on gaining back some self-respect there, but won't forget about the Midwest Cross Cup either.

I love a good beating.

2 comments:

Joe Partridge said...

Hey, at least you got out and raced! After Peak to Peak on Saturday, I didn't bother getting the cross bike out of the basement on Sunday.

Mark Savery said...

OH HELL YEAH!

That was one damn fine weekend of racing even if I did suck a black hole in the galaxy.

Nice ridin' brotha. We got four weeks to prepare for the next suffer fest. Unless we try to hit KC riverside in two weeks. hmmmm...