It appears all the cool kids are decending upon Branched Oak for the 12hr, including Mr. 24 himself.
RockD called last night to offer some assistance in getting a brother racing. The man is Class.
I was checking out the Lumberjack 100 last night. I have ridden the Big M once on vacation and really enjoyed the terrain and ferns seemingly everywhere. I also had one of my more memorable near misses there. About 3/4 of the way through the place, there was a long downhill which I pedaled into like a madman, not realizing that it went on much farther than it seemed like it should have. I managed to hit some dips in just the right way to have the tail of my bike come flying up trying to give me a saddle enema into slow motion nose wheelie that lasted for three days as tree after tree managed to just duck out of my way. Then, rode it out and considered that fact that it was the middle of the day, in the middle of nowhere and I was screwed if I went down badly. So I climbed back up and did it right on the way down.
Maybe this makes sense for next year?
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'd be good to see you out on a bike again Skip.
The Ultra Endurance Series sounds like a great idea. I've heard State College has some great riding. I've never ridden the Mohican before. That series started after I left Ohio.
Great album by the way.
Post a Comment