Friday, July 17, 2009

Harmony In My Head

Spent some time out at Branched Oak today in order to find some trial rhythm leading into 9 Mile next weekend.  It wasn't long before I just wished I had gone to Platte as between the slight reroutes and huge ruts the idea of flow really seemed to be lost.  However, the quick ups and downs of that place are always a good gauge of where things stand and, while I have been under the weather lately, I think I will be in decent shape for next weekend.

There was a moment of drama with a horse rider that had me fearing that I'd be taking a guy to the hospital for a moment.  I came around a curve and two people on horses where coming up the single track in the other direction.  I wasn't going overly fast and was able to come to a stop quickly but one horse could have cared less and gave his rider a test of his skill.  I was off my bike in a beat, ready for the worst, but the guy dropped his body weight to the horse's back and rode it out.  It was fairly impressive.  

The riders apologized though I don't think it was really necessary.  I was just glad the guy stayed in the saddle.

This looks vaguely familiar... hmmm...

No comments: