Having risen too late to join the group ride, I opted to embrace to overcast skies and cool temps with the road bike. Despite it being a fall day, the brisk, cool chill reminded to of the Spring classics, so why not spin it up and imagine what it might be like to battle it out along cobbles and packed Belgium streets.
Of course, as I allued to yesterday, the Spring of 09 remains upfront in my mind. Browsing the web for potential races and trying, despite committing to a few of the usual suspects, to also freshen things up in 09
So far, the notepad reflects the following:
Ouachita Challenge April 5th. (written in pencil, pending a sometimes flakey travel partner.)
TransIowa May 2nd and 3rd. (jotted down in permanent ink.)
Dirty Kanza May 30. (used the same Sharpie as with TI.)
Laramie Enduro August 1. (the #2 is back in effect. )
Payson Stampede aka 24hr Nationals September 26th and 27th. (ballpoint pen)
I'm sure there will be more internet searches and writing implement selections to come.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
dakota 5o? or is that not long enough for ya?
Actually, I just spaced it. I wish I had gone this year.
cool well ill see yah at TI and Laramie
rally a lincoln crew for laramie and i'll take the camper up there. we'll do it up right.
you might want to add the M-B-M/H8TR100 to yer list too.April 11th looks to be the date at the moment.
Ha! I just read this post.
I promise not to intentionally flake out this year. Now, inadvertent flake outs, I can't stop....
Let's get a posse rollin' up to Laramie. I love that race. Dakota Five-O is another that I'd like to do. How about Leadville?
Chew that eraser off.
Post a Comment