At least, that's what I keep telling myself.
Post 9 Mile I have consistently found myself in-between motivations. One day, I will just spin around, the next do intervals and the next I'll be buying Matisse prints for the house without riding at all. When racing is showing itself from the shadows, it's as much about next year and anything remaining on the 08 calendar. At least it's all too positive a mindset to be mistaken for apathy.
Maybe for me it's the simple knowledge that with cross, there won't be any racing for places and it all boils away to riding the fall, with the leaves turning, cowbells ringing and friends cheering you on and challenging you to snatch dollar bills from the strangest of places.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hear, hear.
yup, that's what cross is all about. cross is like the reward at the end of the year. well if your rewards are like a boot in the face anyway. but there's beer and super fanning so yeah, a reward.
this next month and a half will hurt.
Post a Comment