
In the end, I'll be glad to have started now, but after the first minute of hard effort I was trying to recount how many times I'd truly tried to top out my heart rate this year. Aside from the two early season XC races I tried, I couldn't think of any and found myself more and more occupied with the seconds slowly ticking past on my watch.

Aside from three or four groups of turkeys I passed, very little was happening on the trail. With the football game capturing the attention of the 'Husker Nation' there were only wild life and a single recumbent to break up boredom of limestone.
With the legs a bit like jelly, I rolled gravel home and wondered how I would feel tomorrow. With a flight to San Diego late in the day, I'd like hit it hard again before I sit and watch 50 new companies take three minutes to convince the world why they're the next great technology worth watching.
1 comment:
Try some 20 min efforts at LT. You'll know LT. You'll probably go out to hard and fade a bit just to maintain it to 20 min.
Do 3-5 min efforts. A higher pace for 3 then 5. How to you gauge this effort? Simply. Think about making it thru at least 5x3 or 3x5. You can even do 4x4.
Now do 1 min efforts. Do about 6 of these. Start off intense as you can and you'll fade into bliss (pain).
That's kind of the jist of cross efforts. That was just a sampling and there's a lot more to it than hammering yourself into the ground. There's force, there's speed, there's power and there's summersualts over barriers and cartwheels across finish lines and hop scotch on pavement :)
Post a Comment