Thursday, July 17, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For

When I first saw the date for the Heartland Series Shawnee Mission Six Hour race, I was pumped. It seemed the perfect chance to check fitness and try any experimental tactics or equipment before 9 Mile.

Earlier in the week, I shot Cameron a quick email asking for an overview of what the trail holds and an idea of what gearing he might recommend. While the gearing was a non-issue, it was the statement that the trail is "rocky, really rocky" that got my attention.

I've commented more times than people have probably cared to read that it's that kind of riding that is exactly what I need. So, while I am a little nervous about a trail I have never seen, it's also exactly what I wished for.

I'll still be conducting some trials as well, but if six hours at Shawnee Mission smooths out the bumps in my mental game, I'm all in.

No comments: