There's been a lot of this going around at Snob central lately:
Wake up. Make espresso. Wonder why my machine seems to be pushing out my medicine slower and slower each day. Spend time with the family. Ride. Gravel. Roads. Hills. Good conversation. Return home. Make some food. More time with family. Relax, Rewind, Repeat.
With the riding come some highlights:
Riding with a great group of people Saturday morning who, except for RockD, I have never really gone on a ride with before. Thanks everyone.
Finding a couple of 'B' roads which will provide great tire testing areas for the final decision between the Nano and JonesXR.
Scraping mud off of my tires with a stick so that I could continue the climb up one of the previously mentioned 'B' roads. (And wishing I had brought my camera.)
Wandering into a "luxery" housing development where homes of ridiculous sizes sat perched on hills overlooking the cookie-cutter sprawl of Lincoln's southside. The best part was that a tree house in the development was nicer than my current house. (And again, wishing I had brought my camera.)
Side note: If I ever have that kind of money, I am not going to show it to you and, if I did, it wouldn't be like that. (I might have a couple of sweet bikes though.)
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You might buy a couple of sweet bikes, but how long would they remain sweet? This coming from the man who has never changed shift cables on his intense and will ride for hours in the rain on an IF without cleaning it later. Fuck it, I'm out to kill bikes too. Just with better taste, earlier in life. Thanks for the book, I'm only a lil' bit into it, but I think I can relate.
I just finished the follow up last night. If you like the first, you can borrow the second when I am done. It's not as intense as 'Pieces,' but how could it be.
Post a Comment