Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Draw of Endurance Events

The FolksFromLincoln blog, which is a local portal of sorts for the Lincoln, NE cycling community has an interesting post about bringing more Marathon length races to our area. As most of the readers from this blog are from out of the area, if you have input on how marathons and endurance races have grown in your area, please visit and give your two cents.

Nice ride today with Sam, Mark and Jeff. Good weather, good people, I wish I could have ridden longer. Sam and I were tentatively talking about doing an early morning Christmas Eve ride. If you are interested, give a yell.

9 comments:

cvo said...

Thanks Skip,

I'm really hoping that this generates enough talk to make a few changes in some of the races this year in our local series.

adding a marathon class to our sceen is only gonna add more riders,
more riders, more fun
more riders more dough

Endurosnob said...

No worries. I wonder if it would be worth your time to put an actual survey on your blog. I know there are several options available to use and then maybe John and Dean would have a better feel for what kind of a return they would get locally. If no one over-engineered things, I believe they would have a winning situation on their hands.

rockd said...

what your plan for christmas eve morning? gravel roads no doubt, a couple of hours?

mw said...

im down with a early saturday ride.

Cornbread said...

Fuckers.

Anonymous said...

3-4 hours will be plenty for me. I will have to be on top of my mental game so I can spit fire with Jenny's grandma. She talks more smack than me, and she's 75ish.

leave 7ish?

rockd said...

gravel to B.O. and back? anything is ok

Endurosnob said...

My house at 7am, come earlier and I will make you espresso. How about gravel South to (forgetting the name) the park where the adventure race was and back?

Anonymous said...

Viagra - Viagra is the trusted treatment for male impotence problems. Online Viagra resource containing quality information on Viagra and Erectile Dysfunction. http://www.viagracare.com