Thursday, December 29, 2005

My Goodness, My Guinness


Visiting Patrick Humenny's blog today, I found that aside from sharing an enjoyment of a bit of suffering. His post race beer of choice seems to be Guinness.

Because I know Sam enjoys the same fine beverage, I felt pretty comfortable offering up a post race pint.

As a few folks are aware, when my focus was more on the adventure racing front, we began a tradition of drinking Guinness after a win which qualified us for the USARA National Championship. Race for 24hrs, then pour a pint. No better celebration to be had.

Which begs the question, what's your post race beverage of choice?

5 comments:

Jeff Kerkove said...

Maybe G-Ted and myself can get Guinness to float a keg for the finish line. What ya think?

sda said...

old chub (made in lyons co.) in a can. its thick.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I thought you were talking about my dizzle Averil, but then I realized it wasn't made in Lyons.

Summer: High Life so cold it's got ice flakes in it.

Winter: Guinness, duh

rockd said...

O.K. maybe I should try one of these other drinks and when are they being consumed? as soon as a race is over I look forward to a ice cold coke, after a shower and chance to reflect rolling rock, fat tire anything but guiness.

Blogstyle said...

Race? How about a sixer of B-ass hit the Mc40oz. and then a case of Old Style. By the time the race is over I might be drunk and you guys might tired of riding your bikes. I've begun to make my plans to meet all of you in Algona and Decorah, I might not even have to steal a car.