Despite the cold temps, I had a great ride today. A mix of city trails, some gravel and some snow-covered Wilderness single track. It was the kind of ride that will make you consider a race like the ArrowheadUltra. Of course, you'd really need something like a Pugsley for that kind of snow and I can't see buying a bike like that for one race. I know that Corey and Jeff went out today as well. How was the ride fellas?
I also believe I have decided upon the bike setup I will run for TransIowa. After several conversations with Johnny and Corey, along with reference to an archived DirtRag, I am taking a page out of the book of Eric Roman and going to with the following:
29" single speed mountain bike with cross bars, ~42mm Cross Tires. Gearing is a touch up in the air, but 36/16 doesn't sound unreasonable. However, it will not be "really fucking pink."
Sunday, December 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
FYI - I placed an order with the niner folk today, for a med tang color and large kermit color frame.
I hope to have delivery details soon.
Did you order Sirs or Ones? Or one of each?
maybe you could make tha t dirtrag speel easier to find.
s.i.r.s which can go either geared or single
This should get you there: DirtRag Issue #111. Page 12. IronCross Race Report by Mr. Roman himself.
Jeff, what night are you thinking about for a ride? I have officially turned all of my snowboard gear into riding wear so I've been toasty when I have been out. Swag mittens are the way to go.
Post a Comment