
Thomas Frischknecht won the Ruta today and is the first non-Costa Rican to do so. Apparently he had a motorbike riding with him for support to negate the homefield advantage of the locals. Smart.
In terms of riding, it feels almost like the weekend never got started. There starting and stopping in the group ride on Saturday eroded the time I had so the ride felt really short. No one's fault, just one of those wierd mornings were things don't flow, including a chain-throw which somehow shot my bike out from under me, but left me standing. Strange.
Later in the day, I went for a short jog and somehow managed to tweak my back about 15 minutes into it. Good gravy. I took that as a signal to rest and plan out my off-season training, which made Sunday a coffee and family day.
Wasn't the barista in this pic at the pub crawl with the rest of the nuns?
2 comments:
Mags, I scanned your blog quickly. What cycling discipline are you in?
Since we are still within a week of the Endurance Cycling awards, I'll go ahead and dish out two more.
From the photo in this post: "Best use for a horse trailer" Endurance non-Cyclist of the Year
...and of course: Jay Thomas "Is it hard for you to get to sleep after only 2 or 3 beers sometimes, Sam?" Endurance Cyclist of the Year.
Post a Comment