Friday, November 18, 2005

The Snob Recommends

"A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey. This has nothing and everything to do with endurance. It is my current read and my read of the year and will be no matter what else I pick up in the next month and a half.

Here's a taste:

"I don't want safety or support. I want there to be me and whatever I have to face, be it alcohol or drugs or something else. I want there to be a fight because I know how to fight. There will be a Winner of that fight. If it's me, I walk away and I have beat the shit that I didn't think I could ever beat and move on with my life. If it's not me, at least I get it over with."

Grab your library cards or borrow it from me.

Back to the light and fluffy. Dejay Birtch, who apparently can't deal with cramped German automobiles, has an interview in cyclingnews today.

Of interest, Dejay says, "what I'm trying to work out with Gary Fisher (Birtch's primary racing sponsor), is to do some multi-stage endurance racing with Cameron Chambers; Trans Alps, Trans Rockies, Cape Epic, that kind of thing. That's where the sport is going. "

On a related topic, I have decided to refer to Sam and Cameron as simply, "Sameron."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, I'll bill you $0.15 per mention.

Endurosnob said...

What's Cameron's take?

Anonymous said...

What I give him...