Sunday, November 20, 2005

Pure Sweet Sunday

Great Day. Base miles in the morning with Jeff and Corey. Grateful Bread. Ride to the races with Johnny and watch everyone play hammer and anvil.

Here are a few of my favorite moments, Kodak style.

Sam and Matt playing engine and caboose. So that's how their team works.



Tony with the Folks From Lincoln banner making the run-up a bit easier. If you didn't see it, the key moment of the A race was at the base of the run-up. With Brad Cole coming up in front of Tony, Cole took a digger and went down hard, Tony gave him a quick look and, without getting over excited, powered up the hill. To Cole's credit, the next time he came to the hill, he tried to ride it to make up time. He wasn't going down without a fight.




My little man, Mohawk and I enjoying the show.




Press Row.



Matt working it fixed gear style. Note the socks. Those may need to become a mandatory part of the CW Team Kit.

Matt was also a part of the Banter Moment of the Day. Through the first couple of laps, some cat. on a Slingshot was stuck on Matt's wheel and not pulling through. Johnny and I wanted that to end. As Matt and Slingshot boy came through the barriers, Johnny yelled, "Get that Coaster off of your wheel." Then, after the two weaved their way to the start/finish line, Matt looked at John and said, "You need to say your sorry." Classic.



4 comments:

Blogstyle said...

I believe my exact words were, "get that bitch ass coasting pussy of yer wheel." Which may or may not require an apology. Something along the same lines should have been said to Brad Cole, but he crashed and Tony worked his monkey ass anyway.

Anonymous said...

On the note of asses neing worked,"Thanks Matt!" It helped me up the hill on sooo many levels...

cvo said...

skip, thankyou for your post,

and I apoligize for my vulgarities this weekend with your kids being around.

you might not have been offended,

but after reading your comment I do feal bad.

sorry.
and I'll see ya soon.

Endurosnob said...

CVO, there's no need to apologize. Frankly, I never heard anything vulgar so I must have missed the fun.