Shrugging off a couple of no-shows, I rode gravel this morning at around 6:40. I tried to do a bit of photo journalism for the snob site, but ended with four very mediocre shots and one excellent one. The latter shot is being saved in an attempt to make a header for the blog. This will be a new level of geekdom for the snob, so we will see how it turns out.
The ride itself was nice, if a bit brisk. It's sad that TI jumps into my head every time I hit the farm roads. Speaking of, if you are considering it and also wondering what the bike of choice is, check out the following discussion. I haven't chimed in yet, but probably should. After about 50 miles last year, I was wishing I had ridden my cross bike. This year the plan will be a 29er with thin tires. I'd like the best combination of rolling spead plus some float. After having ridden in the grass on the edge of cornfields last year during the 'B' road section, getting some bounce per ounce seems key.
Speaking of 29ers, Intense appears mating big wheels and VPP technology. Check it here and here for your morning read over espresso.
It appears Mr. Bike Shop Owner had a rough day down South, but I couldn't find the details yet. Let's hope it's nothing that will impact tomorrow as well.
On a positive note, you have to love the people at Grateful Bread. I walked in and ordered a dozen scones, only to discover that the $10 and $5 bills I was holding were actually two 5 spots. No worries, just bring it in later today. Not to mention, when I arrived there were no scones out so the lady goes into the back and boxes them up fresh from the oven for me.
Now if they only served espresso.
Saturday, November 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Grateful Bread is awesome. They're good people.
ahhh crap i miss those giant cinamon rolls from those hippies there at GB. i used to get one every other day on the way to the shop.
and the blue-cheese baquets. oh my god.
Post a Comment