Wednesday, January 31, 2007

How to be Hated at the YMCA


Granted, most people work to fit into life, but if you are in the mood to embrace your outcast self. Give some of these simple steps a try.


Step One. Visit the newest YMCA in your community. A spartan Y won't cut it. An older Y makes you just another freak in a freak kingdom. To truly bring the disdain of others to the fore, you want to visit an overly clean, upscale, yuppie Y. If the Y has a climbing wall, things are looking up. If you can climb the walls because of cracks in the brick and mortar, continue your search.


Step Two. Dress the Part. Pink Cars-R-Coffins t-shirts, brown Surly socks and black Vans do wonders for your YMCA "curb appeal." If you can stroll through the workout area like you're on the catwalk, you'll really make it count. Own it baby.


Step Three. Out Muscle the Muscle-Heads. This is a personal Snob favorite. After gathering several steroid induced rage-like glares, wait patiently in line for the leg press, squat machine or other like machine. Nothing bubbles the hate to the surface like getting outlifted by "the faggot in the pink shirt."


Step Four. Assist the Lovely Lady. Treadmills can be hard to understand. So can beautiful ladies. Combine the two past-times by aiding that make-up clad Miss in getting that machine up to speed. Be careful though. Remember, she really just wants to "tone."


Note: A smooth carry-out of step four in front of the gentleman in step three will really multiple your points. I like to call this the "daily double of roid rage."




12 comments:

FixieDave said...

fell out of my chair funny!

Jeff Kerkove said...

NICE!

monkeygirl said...

I knew I needed to go to the Y last night and I skipped it, if I could get a schedule of the floor show that would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

Was just browsing through and...that's hilarious! :D

mw said...

nice there snob. that's some funny shit. i've actually performed one of these feats myself. see if you can get attention from the muscleheads. my first attempt was with offensive clothing. i created my own fraternity type sweatshirt. grey champion of course. xxxl probably knowing me and the the fact it was probably 91. i was proud of my dormey status. instead of greek letters, i had an astrik, the symbol for boron and a backwards d or something like that. i saw some double takes with that one. the second and more sucessful attempt was with stupid baggy skater shorts and a shirt with a blatent pot reference. not that i know anything about that. then go out run the runners. never was capable of outlifting anyone. i did my best tho.

Grizzly Adam said...

heh...funny stuff.

Joe Partridge said...

Man, I go to that Y! Climbing wall and all that $hit included. I'll have to make my way over to the muscleheads next time...

cvo said...

hey dude, can you send me your e-mail...

thanks

Simmons said...

I would wear a pair of bib cycling shorts. That is it. just the bib shorts. Nothing else.

Simmons said...

Check this out :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16945501/wid/11915773?GT1=9033

that dave said...

awesome funny

Hardtail For Life said...

Step 3 is the only reason that I go to the gym.