Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Endurosnob Awards 2007

Some of you may remember that last year I asked the question, "How About Endurance Cyclist of the Year." It turned out to be a battle of communities between the Kerkove Army and friends of Dejay Birtch. In the end, Dejay walked away with the popular vote.

Let's roll the dice again (after all, today is election day) and add a couple of categories.

Category One: Endurance Cyclist of the Year.

Category Two: Single Speeder of the Year.

Category Three: Photo of the Year (Relating to the above two categories. I have my own porn.)

Category Four: Blogger of the Year.

Here's how we'll work it. Put your nominations into the comments to this post or send your photos my way. (Email is in my profile.) After a week, I will take your nominations and put the categories up to a vote in separate posts.

This was pretty fun last year and people had the right spirit, giving people props, so let's keep it rolling this year.
------
Let me get the ball rolling. (I'm saving the photo for when I send them all out.):

Endurance Cyclist of the Year: Rich Dillen. (Yes, he's a great choice elsewhere too.)

Single Speeder of the Year: Dan Jansen. (I struggled with this one.)

Blogger of the Year: Creepy Friendly. (I could probably be arrested for stalking his site.)

I also wanted to put all of the guys as Single Speeder of the Year, so much respect to all.

Clarification: A few people have emailed asking if you can nominate in only one category. The answer is absolutely. Various levels of geekdom are welcome.

12 comments:

PaddyH said...

lemme crash the party!

1)Enduro 'o' the yr: Craig Gordon-for riding himslef into the ground to beat the man some thought was unbeatable.

2)SS 'o' the yr: Dave Nice-Mr Fixie, and his GDR experience was an epic one.

4)Blogger 'o' the yr: I'll go with Monsieur eSnob himself, especially for hosting these awards.

I'll see what I can muster for a pic....

Joe Partridge said...

1) Mark Hendershot - old, bold, lewd and tatooed. He has it all, and he keeps thowing down, year after year.

2) Dan is a good choice; Jesse Lalonde would also be a good choice. They both mix it up in the open class on ss; gotta respect that.

4) Danielle Musto: http://www.daniellemusto.blogspot.com/ Funny, lots of good stories and pictures, and she wins the overall from time to time at endurance events.

Paddy and the blog that won't die should at least get an honorable mention.

Anonymous said...

#1. Dave Harris for kicking the Crap outa the KTR! colse would be Matt lee for his GDR and Can ride of 19 days...

#2. Rich for his crazy fast riding on a SS, Paddy a 2nd or honorable mention

#3. Gted, Your site, Paddy's

Pic in the email

Mark Savery said...

1) Enduro: Nat Ross - solid riding all year long

2) SS: The Darkness - comin' on strong as hell.

3) Blog masterer: Bad Idea/Team Dickey - funny shit

4) Pic? - searching the archives

Anonymous said...

1) Enduro racer of the year: H-Bomb a/k/a Harlan Price. Harlan won the inagural National 100 mile series and finished 20th overall at La Ruta. He alos took the overall in the Michaux (PA) Mega Series. The Michaux races may not be on the National calendar, but with guys like Bishop, Eatough and Draguelis showing up, it might as well be.

2) SS of the year: Dicky gets my vote. Rich's fixed gear and preserved duck egg eating antics at the SM 100 put him over the top.

3) Blogger of the year: With the new site template, the Snob edges out a highly competitive field.

4) Picture of the year: The picture of the guy (Kyle?) taking a digger in the sand pit at the UCI CX race in Ohio. This one was posted on a number of sites, including Marko's.

dicky said...

1.That's a hard one. Definite performance of the year by solo or a group, Craig Gordon. Next year I want to ride so hard I damage my kidneys.
2.My standards for SS of the year are too high. I believe an SS'er has to have at least three beverage induced memory losses a season, has to eat out of a garbage can (Costanza rules apply here), consider suspsension the devil, have a tattoo, and definitely not discriminate when it comes to beer. All beer is good.
4.fatmarc busts my shit up.

Cornbread said...

Here are my local (Nebraskans)nominations for 2006.

1. Matt Wills - TI, SpokePony show down, Branched Oak 12 Hour (I think he was there), Dirty Kanza, and numerous gravel centuries. Close second is the Omaha crew of Ryan Feagan, Rox, Hardcore Harlan and Special K.

2. Skip Cronin and Matt Wills share this one - Both rocked SS all year in some tough Endurance events. Skip, your Nine Mile performance was inspiring.

3. Blogger of the Year goes to CVO. He has united the Nebraska cyling scene into a Midwest super power. Thanks dude.

Anonymous said...

Endurance Cyclist of the Year:
Craig Gordon - the nearly killed himself.

Single Speeder of the Year: Dicky!

Photo of the Year: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/eddieodea/MB-GA-D2X1005-8710.jpg

Blogger of the Year: Dicky...but I'm boycotting his site because he makes mine look even worse than it is.

Grizzly Adam said...

1) Lynda Wallenfels. She dominated the women's field ( and the men too really) in everything she did. Her only "set back" was a 2nd place finish at the E100, just a few weeks after TR.

2)SSer...Have to go with Dicky. Anyone who would fly many miles to hang out in Utah with me gets my vote! Plus there is the fact that he raced really well all year long :)

3)hmm...I'll try and send a few to you

4)Blogger...that is a tough one. So much good reading out there. I nominate Sager. A funny, honest look into the world of Pro racing. Plus, he needs all the support he can get right now with the BS going down with him.

Cornbread said...

Picture of the year: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2212/1600/1600/DSCF1423.jpg

allan said...

1. Craig Gordon-has to be him

2. TD-TR on a rigid singlespeed. Insane.

3. Adam Lisonbee-his pics really make me wanna go to Utah

4. Tie between Dicky and Danielle Musto with a big honorable mention to Eddie O for making me laugh so hard my ribs hurt with his story about meeting the Kona reps at Interbike.

Jeff Kerkove said...

I say put Richy Dillon down for all of 'um!