Sunday, June 04, 2006

Taking A Mulligan


My unofficial "redo" for the season starts up tomorrow. I am going to try to ride base mile style for the next two weeks with an eye toward Swanson on June 24th.

I am going to start up the morning rides again and log a couple of hours before work everyday, then ride at lunch, then ride home. Luckily, now it won't be 20 degrees in the mornings now as compared to the last time I did this.

Looks like I will be in be in Denver in the middle of July as well. Last year, I got stuck watching drag racing as mandated by our CEO. This year, I hope to take the bike. Trail recommendations are welcome.

This post was brought to you as Modest Mouse filled my living room. The picture was brought to you by Magnet Magazine.

5 comments:

FixieDave said...

I'll be on the gdr while your in town... close to the drag strip i'd say go to mattews winters and dekoda ridge. Some nice rolling stuff up in evergreen thats fun to.

Taugimba said...

Don't forget Grn Mtn, right up the hill from the drag racers. Also, Apex, Chimney Gulch, Mt Falcon, and White Ranch all within the area. I should be around all of July, if you need someone to ride with.

Anonymous said...

Jefferson County has a great park system, with many parks open to mountain biking. A number of the JeffCo riding areas are listed above. Golden, CO is a good jumping off point for Apex and White Ranch. If you're feeling ambitious, you can link together a few parks in one big loop.

Anonymous said...

depending when in july, there is the firecracker 50 in breck and the ss state champs at el dora. also a friend of mine (bill) is getting married, a good thing to crash. let me know

mw said...

you can always bail for green mountain in denver if all else fails and you're short on time.