Saturday, December 13, 2008

Riding Through the Park and Reminiscing

I am a reflector.  One of those people who takes the end of the year too seriously, even too existentially (which proves the point) and replays the last 365 days under a pessimistic microscope just to confirm what an absolute sad-sack the season has been.

Why bother?  Good question.


Today, handling the roll of caboose with some of Lincoln's finest, I was cruising along, think of 09 as it fast approaches and how I could have done 08 a bit better.  It didn't last long though.  The sunshine and good times broke through all that heavy handed retrospection and I found myself just enjoying the day, cruising the fixed gear and talking to the fellas, sometimes about bikes, sometimes not. 


Of course, just like the day's reprieve from cold weather, it was just a delay of the inevitable deconstruction of year's events.  I'm looking forward to 09, but need to remember there's still a bit of 08 left to enjoy.  "If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it."

1 comment:

EB said...

Ferris Bueller quote, nice very nice
I know what ya mean about regrets from 08 races
I have them as well-