On the whole, I think I've managed to keep a balance (and have friends good enough to raise a halting hand when I start to go off course). So, while I ride pink bikes and wear "snappy" caps, the questions of quality have always held firm enough to keep the balance and maintain enough class to keep me out of the gutter.
I think that balance is also why I find myself continually interested in the Rapha Continental Project. Though the may be called poseurs and the product carries a sometimes cringe worthy price-tag, I still find the rides, routes and written words inspiring. As I said when I posted the video of the Gentemen's Race, it seems to be "road racing I can get behind."
Now, they have introduced a extension of the Project called "Continental Calling." Submit an epic and lead the Continental gang on a ride for a day. So while the kids have the proverbial sugar plums dancing in their heads tonight, I will likely have routes running through mine. If things worked out, I might even have someone create a cap for the occasion. Seems like something a "dandy" would do.
No comments:
Post a Comment