While I couldn't be more excited for Cross season, this is still the time of year when your mind wanders to next season and thoughts of what races keep you excited and what goals you'd like to acheive.
Next year hasn't really come into focus in the way this year was defined long before the calendar actually flipped to 2007. TransIowa and 9 Mile dominated the off-season landscape. Nothing sits out there in the same way for 2008.
Instead, I'm just asking myself a lot of questions.
The 100 miler series? It would require upping my technical game so I am not wasting so much energy on the bike. Maybe a stage race? Pricey but worth it once? I'm also into the idea of trying the Vapour Trail despite the altitude disadvantage.
Then there's the Evil Unicorns... what 24 will we show our casually competitive faces at next year?
As always, suggestions welcome.
Monday, October 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
RAAM, sissy.
Very few rocks except for when you start hallucinating.
I don't think know if anyone has ever done it on a single speed.
God dammit, blogstyle, don't think sissy doesn't involve my taint at this point when you throw out the piss-poor RAAM-cronymn. Or should I say RAAM-cronin if he's alreay agreed to the mayhem.
P.S. Skip, dude, you'll have to run a lot farther in RAAM to get out of your flat dilema. Better start running marathons now.
i'm already stoked for TIv4. i'll do the kanza. i'll do the 6hr at landahl in march and some others if the family schedule allows.
the only think i'm considering switching up is getting back into some of the shorter SS series races. it looked pretty fun this year, sort of made me miss it.
Post a Comment