Monday, August 29, 2005

Chops in Modern Cycling - Part I

I'd say this is a new feature to the Snob, but everything's new at this point. Bob Roll, aka Bobke, possibly the man to blame for the current configuration of my facial hair. It might be fair to call Bob a renaissance man. He was the first American to compete in both the Tour DAY France and a MTB World Cup. Not bad at all. Here, we see Bob doing his best Johnny Cash. That's the sad side of his "colorful personality" on OLN, it keeps the casual fan from understanding he was one hell of a rider.

Leadville statistics of note:
Flats: 3
Cheers for the chops: 5+

"The hurricane is back in Lance's eyes, and it's aimed right at Trailer Park Ullrich." - Bob Roll

8 comments:

cvo said...

Skip, you are the man,

the chops are a big thumb up.

(I only hope your wife likes them as much as your buddies, but it never seems the wives like facial hair as much as your buddies or you do.. damnit)

anyway. I'm glad to see your a fellow bob roll fan. I loved this years comercail tirades with the mojo, and what not. man, that was great.

and the other guys making fun of him for his hand gestures.

I can't wait for next year. just for bob roll.

your a lucky sob if you getta go to interbike. If you go. drop whatever your doing when you see bob roll, and go get a beer with him. it'll be the best part of your interbike exsperience. and a lifetime memory.

and if your lucky Paul will be there to join you and you can just sit back and soak it up...

cvo said...

man I said paul, but I ment Phill, It'd be the bomb if all three where there, and you could get them drunk and talking....

it'd be worth the money, and it'd be a lot of money to get those guys drunk enough to start talking fun stuff...

Cornbread said...

I'm gonna grow mine back again. Well, after the med school interview anyways.

Anonymous said...

During the recent jaunt to Wisconsin Matt T. and I were showing our other two shops how to consume more beer than you weigh, when suddenly I look over and see Bobke drinkin and hittin' on two chicks. Most of you know I lack good judgement around celebrities so I pushed my way over and yelled in his ear,"Bobby, Bobby! What have you got? What have you won?"

He replies,"Those Brits robbed me!"

To which I reply,"RObbed you of your sideburns? Where are they?" (he had absolutely no sideburns, not even a days worth)

I can only assume his response at this point was to make up for his lack of facial hair, which was,"DId you see me in the winter?"

I said,"No, OLN doesn't have you on very much that time of year."

He says,"Yeah, I guess not."

At this point I could tell he was ready to talk with his lady-freinds again, so I left him with,"I'll let you get back to drinking since those chops aren't exactly growin themselves."

He said,"Cheers."

"Likewise."

And thats what I said when I talked to Bob ROll.



Hey Skip, you wanna do TransIowa next year? I'm in if you're in.

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I love the chops! I think they just work perfectly with his bone structure, but I'm sure no one cares to hear about that. I just like having a husband and father to our kids who looks a little edgy. They look great and they kinda say, don't fuck with me, my family or my friends, an outward sign of his mantra. Viva chops!

Blogstyle said...

You bear a striking resemblance to a certain bartender. I'd think you were one in the same if I didn't know he was at home w/ a broken collarbone.

Cornbread said...

Damn Sam. That's a great story.

So who's all doin' the Trans Iowa?

Skip, Rock D, Sondie, and Sam?

rockd said...

I wonder if I can grow chops? Trans-Iowa, that's what I'm talking about.