Monday, August 03, 2009

Creeping Back

I found myself coming back to life a bit this morning, leading to my first time on the bike since 9 Mile. The pinkie IF and I commuted and, while I wouldn't say I felt a spring ready to burst from my legs, at least I was riding. The glands are still a bit dodgy but at least things are going the right direction.

A telltale sign things still aren't right did rear its ugly head on the way home. Someone in a hurry to get home nearly drove into me at a street crossing. Generally, this prompts something from me; a hand on the trunk or a middle finger salute. Today though, nothing. Not even a head shake. I locked up the brakes, paused and moved on and that is just not like me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A mini-van pulls up behind Matt and I in the very, very, early hours of dusk and asks,"aren't you suppose to have some reflectors on or something on those bikes." To which Matt replies,"yeah, well we forgot left them at home and didn't think we needed them." To that she replied,"You doofusses."

Wow, thanks for your insights and half knowing what should be on the bike and making sure to tell us what we might or maybe might be doing wrong and then name calling..

I fucking hate motorists like that.

Chris said...

Man, I'm with you -- after a slog like 9 Mile, it takes me a solid 2 weeks to get the fire back. It's weird when you don't care that old ladies are passing you on the bike path ...

Sorry we didn't get a chance to say hi (again) -- but was that you I gave a War Axe shout-out too out on the trail?

Chris said...

I had a good yell at a dipsh!t on the bikepath this morning. Made me feel so much better.