Sunday, March 29, 2009

39x16 Meets 38x17

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.  Weather, perfect.  Gravel, dry.  Wind, a bit.  Sam and I rolled for a touch under four on our respective singles today.  Sam decided to out mash me with a 39x16, while I took baby steps with the 38x17.  For much of the ride, I hadn't taken notice of the difference but finally, as Sam pedaled by me through the bottom of a roller as I waiting to be able to spin, I realized the score.

Fork in Action

"What are you running?"
"39x16."
"Oh... well that explains it."
"Yeah, I used to live with Tony Wilhelm, so it's all good."

On a related note... Don't look now.

1 comment:

scott showen said...

click the pic and look at the spokes on the front wheel, sweet..

i made it out to b.o. today with ortiz and dave. the trail is in good shape except for the horse damage...