I spent most of the evening prepping the bikes for the oncoming of
9 Mile joined by Corey and Jeff who are getting ready for the
Laramie Enduro. With my usual prerace mechanical meltdown out of the way (last night), I was able to move on to worrying about camping spots, pit spots, food choices and all of the other tiny details that make being a part of Team Overanalysis such a pain in the ass for everyone who deals with me when "planning."
Sitting at the shop though, I was reasonably relaxed and good to go, to the point where I accidently wore my house slippers in. Shouldn't everyone wrench in slippers? If only I had worn my smoking jacket.
"Seriously, what the hell is this?"

"Man, this just looks wrong."

Dark shirt and tan short night...

... slippers get in free.
6 comments:
"Team Overanalysis" -- Definitely need that on a jersey.
maybe written over a pair of house slippers.
Don't be scared it is only those first couple of times as the mind starts to slip away that it is so startling, eventually the surprise will be when you show up in a real shoe instead.
Heh heh! Mr. 24 used to wrench in those adidas flips. Every once in awhile he would jump like he got bit by an electric fence and say, "Whew! That just missed my foot!", as the heavy object bounced away across the floor.
That said, I've got some camel colored slippers just like yours that I love to wear out when the wife ain't lookin'! ;)
Skip, there's this awesome energy drink up in that neck of the woods called Premium. It's the grain belt beer. Highly recommend, but save it for after the race.
Hey man, good luck at Nine mile. Remember to keep that heart rate below 155 except for those surges of 10 minutes. Consume those 60-90 grams of carbs per hour with a liter of H20. Lather up the shamy. You only have one taint. 24 hrs on one taint sounds like a sensitivity issue about to happen.
Hey Skip:
Have a great time at 9 Mile. Wish I could be there to cheer, ride, drink, and puke with all of you
Post a Comment