While Friday surprised, Saturday disappointed from a training standpoint. I ended Friday by rolling across town and back. Junk miles to be sure, but they all add to your totals, eh? Saturday's best laid plans feel to hell, primarily from my inability to be a descent weather man. I started for Platte, became convinced I was about to get catch in a thunderstorm dropping rain the size of canned hams and turned home only to have the whole thing blow over in a false alarm. (Then spent an hour of sour bitterness surly and bent that I blew my training ride.)
Breath deep. Let it go. AAHHHH.
The mailman was kind though. My race packet for Leadville arrived so I fired up a mocha, sat on the porch and read the thing three times. The good news, Leadville has a coffee house which serves Guiness as well. Can it get any better than that? (If you answered yes, keep surfing.) I predict in true Joe Namath fashion that I will be stopping there before and after the race. Two actual race items of note from the packet. This race crushes a lot of people, gads of DNFs. And, the nine hour mark must be a bear to attain. Roughly 20 riders did it last year with one poor soul missing it by 48 seconds. I'd relive that for a year, but then again, I have issues.
Today I did the pendulum ride back and forth through wilderness, alternately between hammering and threshold riding. I don't feel great about the prospects of doing well at Platte. There is still just too much rust and grime on the technical skills. I sense a latern rouge in my future.
Happy Mother's Day.
Sunday, May 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment